Atlanta, USA, // London (UK) // Dubai
Price & Duration: 2 Weeks // 1 Week
$ 4,900 for 1 Week
$ 8,000 for 2 weeks
Dates: To be agreed with
Overview of the Module Content
- This module considers the different aspects of oil diplomacy in the world today.
- It also considers the diplomatic consequences of the domination of the oil industry by the large multinational oil companies and
their role in determining the political and economic landscape in these developing countries.
- The impact of the formation of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its role in regulating the quantity of oil in the world.
- It also considers the role of oil diplomacy in broader themes in international relations, such as imperialism and neo-imperialism, the role of multinational
corporations in the world economy, Third World nationalism, the changing relationships between the developed and developing nations, and the consequences of the Cold War and perceptions of national
security for the conduct of oil diplomacy as well as the changing world order and the role newly developing oil countries will play in this structure.
- An analysis of the structures of national oil companies and their role in the country´s transformation through a range of activities that span the petroleum
- The role of Shale Gas on oil production in the developing world