Atlanta, USA, // London (UK) // Dubai
Duration: 2 Weeks // 1 Week
$ 4,900 for 1 Week
$ 8,000 for 2 weeks
Dates: To be agreed with
Personnel in the gas treating, sulfur recovery and environmental conservation areas of the petroleum refining business including managers, process engineers, and operators.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Safety concerns with handling H2S and H2S rich streams
- Composition of typical refinery sour gas and acid gas feeds and their characterization
- The different types of amines: advantages and disadvantages
- How to select an amine from the various types available and calculate amine circulation rates required
- How to select a sour water processing scheme
- How to select sulfur recovery unit configuration
- About the economics of tail gas treatment plant selection to meet legislation
- Individual processes, engineering, materials, and construction challenges
- How to handle the operation of units, interaction and challenges encountered
- How to maximize reliability
- How to increase sulfur removal and recovery by debottlenecking, changing solvents, and sulfur plant oxygen injection
ABOUT THE COURSE
- Practical acid gas removal, sour water stripping, and sulfur recovery processes are stressed.
- Details of chemistry, process conditions and materials are described as required to assure a real understanding of the processes and their materials, construction, and operational issues.
- To ensure that participants return to their workplace with enhanced ability and understanding, a large portion of the course includes participant discussions and problem solving.